Arabian Adventures

Northern Bird Bev moves to Dubai UAE with her job and her life changes beyond her wildest dreams.....

Friday, July 07, 2006

Rant alert… Boys and their toys

Can someone please, please, please tell me what the fascination of console games is? Why do they turn normally sane, affectionate, loving adult men into zombies? No scratch that I don’t care what the attraction grown men find in playing is, I just want them all banned!!! His nibs recently purchased an Xbox 360, against my wishes; he already has an Xbox and a PS2, and my laptop to play games on! But whilst I was absent, in Tuscany with Helen, he sneakily bought one. Since then every opportunity has been taken to play with it, to exception of everything else; he barely eats when playing, and conversation has dried up in our household; you can imagine what hell that is for chatterbox me. It appears almost painful for his nibs to drag his eyes from the screen to look at me when I ask him a question. You cannot imagine the hatred that fills me when I think about this stupid box, I’m not a violent person but I am overwhelmed with the need to smash this thing into a thousand pieces before hurling from our 31st floor balcony. I HATE IT, I DETEST IT I WANT IT OUT OF MY HOME!!!!! Our once bright living room is now in perpetual darkness as the curtains are drawn to prevent glare on the screen, I go to bed he’s playing, when I get up he’s playing. I’m not exaggerating when I say that the last few Fridays he’s spent at least 6 hours on the bloody thing. I’m really surprised ‘abandonment via Xbox’ is not a valid reason for divorce, maybe one day it will be…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home