Arabian Adventures

Northern Bird Bev moves to Dubai UAE with her job and her life changes beyond her wildest dreams.....

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Utter devastation....

I’m gutted, devastated and completely heart-broken. England are out again. I can’t say as I’m surprised, I have a tendency to err on the side of caution and expect the worse when it comes to my beloved England; prevents real disappointment. But to loose in the manner we did hurts beyond compare. I really hope every Portuguese player gets a really bad itchy case of the clap! They were THE most unsporting team I’ve seen play this world cup, and to think I went into this game thinking they’d been hard done to by the ref in the Holland game. How wrong was I??? The refs decision to send Rooney off was harsh to say the least and Ronaldos response despicable. To me it’s no different than a worker going to the boss telling tales and trying to get their colleagues sacked! When will FIFA do something about the conduct of players? Until players are held to count for EVERYTHING they do on the park this awful unsportsmanlike conduct will continue. I’ve watched it in several world cup games, not just those involving England and yes I’m biased when it comes to my team but even in those games I’ve been a neutral the acting of the players and bullying of the ref has been horrendous. That said the refs have been completely dreadful, and should without exception never allowed to control a major tournament again. His nibs doesn’t get my despair, how can he? But I’m honestly devastated; the only consolation is at least I can enjoy the rest of the football without the tension, headache and palpitations….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home