Arabian Adventures

Northern Bird Bev moves to Dubai UAE with her job and her life changes beyond her wildest dreams.....

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

‘Tangs and do-do

After a great holiday in Canada and the UK I was ready to return home to Dubai, I had an added incentive as his nibs had bought a new car. Just so you know, I’m no petrol-head and cars to me are for getting from A to B and aesthetic pleasure. That said, when I left the bank I needed to give up my prized Jeep and I was gutted. His nibs said not to worry as he’s in the trade I could choose a car from the Ford family; Ford, Landrover, Jaguar and Volvo. Ohhhhh says I, I’ll have a Jag, the sporty convertible. Needless to say his nibs knocked that one back. What about a Mustang convertible he says, well I’d no idea what a Mustang looked like so he sent me an email with a photo and the techno-gobbeldy-gook. It was not what I’d call a good looking car and the one he’d ordered was red; except for that awful bright yellow or orange you sometimes see Ferraris sporting, there’s no worse colour than red, in my opinion anyway. Unfortunately this was Hobsons’ choice as red was the only colour they had in stock, the poor motor was not wanted as it’s a manual and they honestly can’t drive here so it was never gonna sell!



Anyway I’ve digressed, I had no idea what the technical stuff meant so forwarded the email to my mate Helen. She has great taste and is a petrol-head, so she could give me the girlie version. What she said was “it’s very fast, goes like shit of a shovel and was I sure it was being bought for me?” Honestly I think she was bang on; his nibs really wanted an American muscle car and I’d given him the excuse to get one. So I arrived back in Dubai to my new ‘Tang’, and quite frankly it’s the most fun I’ve ever had in a car (well when driving anyway – ahem!) Helen was right again, it does go like shit of a shovel. I love sitting at the lights waiting for them to turn green so I can put my foot down, can you believe I actually will the lights to turn red as I’m approaching? Don’t worry mum, as soon as I hit the speed limit I take my foot of the gas…..bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home