Arabian Adventures

Northern Bird Bev moves to Dubai UAE with her job and her life changes beyond her wildest dreams.....

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rant Alert...Amazon.co.uk

I’ve just realised that blogs are a great place to get things of your chest. OK, nothing will ever be done about whatever you’re ranting about, but we Brits aren’t the best complainers in the world. We tend to moan about things to the wrong people, i.e. not the person who can sort out your problem. But the occasional rant does make you feel better. Now I’ve justified my moaning I’ll get on with it….

Amazon, you know the on-line store? Well I think it’s great, especially here in Dubai where the choice of DVDs can be limited, and the latest releases 2 years out of date! But Amazon.co.uk are a bloody rip off! Why can I go to Amazon.com and order a DVD for $9.99 approx. £5.41, yet the same DVD is £16.99 on Amazon.co.uk.? Please don’t tell me it’s VAT; that is three times more expensive! Now the film I’m talking about here was made by the BBC – it’s a BRITISH film and the *stards at Amazon want to charge the Brits three times what they do the Yanks. This is just not cricket….. Ah that feels better!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stuff Amazon and go to www.cd-wow.com - you can buy both region 1 and 2 DVDs with no postage charges.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home