Arabian Adventures

Northern Bird Bev moves to Dubai UAE with her job and her life changes beyond her wildest dreams.....

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The only B&B in the Middle East

In my time here I’ve had many visitors; it’s not that I’m very popular or overly adored by friends and family back home; more that I live in a great climate. You know how the Brits are about the weather, well that’s because on the whole our climate sucks! If we get 2 weeks of sun the record books are checked and the water-board issues a hosepipe ban. So living in the Middle East, where if you get 14 days of rain in a year, they get the record books out; makes me popular by way of a cheap holiday in the sun. I wont bore you all to tears with details of every visitor I’ve had since July 2004, I’ll just give you highlights, a few photos, and if I can think of any; funny stories.

The first visitor I had was my best mate Helen, a Scouser by birthright; she currently resides in the ‘big smoke’ more commonly known as London. As real girlie friends you can imagine our exploits consisted of sun worshipping and chatting, drinking at home and chatting, eating out and chatting, and of course drinking in bars and chatting. As a consequence not very many photos were taken, and those we did take were slightly out of focus, so none can be shown here….sorry. By of compensation, this is a photo of us taken in Detroit’s; a classy bar in my hometown St Helens, just before I left the UK for Dubai. (I’m the blonde curly one by the way) As my first guest I was very excited about her arrival and therefore got to the airport at least an hour before her flight was due to land. My timing with airport pick-ups has not improved I’m sorry to say. Helen and I had holidayed in Dubai the previous year; we met here on my way back from a stint working in India. Then we stayed at the Royal Meridien Hotel, just as the Gulf war ended. To our delight this hotel was used by the US Marines for an R&R break after their tour; so much eye candy was to found in the hotel pool ;-) Hmmmmmm…. Alas, this time no Marines could be located; Helen left with a healthy tan and a not so healthy liver, and I looked forward to my next guest who was arriving just 2 weeks later….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home