Arabian Adventures

Northern Bird Bev moves to Dubai UAE with her job and her life changes beyond her wildest dreams.....

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Goodbye Springs, hello summer…

Having decided that we were made for one another, it seemed only natural that I’d move in with his nibs. When I arrived in Dubai I was placed in staff accommodation, that is my employer provided me with a house, the furniture in it and they paid all the bills; not a bad deal eh? As an independent woman this suited me to the ground, I was happy with my own space and company, however having fallen head over heals I no longer wanted to be alone, I wanted to share my life with his nibs! He’d extended his contract to stay in Dubai a few months earlier and we were now officially engaged. As the anniversary of my arrival in Dubai approached, so did the renewal of the lease on my villa. I asked my company if I could take a housing allowance rather than staff accommodation, this would be cheaper for my employer as they’d have no bills to pay. They agreed and the date was set for me to move in.

June 24th 2005 I moved my stuff from my place in the Springs into his nibs villa in the far more central Umm Sequiem. Though I brought very little from the UK, I was amazed at how much stuff I’d managed to amass in the 12 months I’d been in Dubai. Fortunately my new home was huge, so space was not an issue, though the sitting tenant was. Just before his nibs and I met, he took in a tenant; Tolga a Brit of Turkish descent, is a larger life character and great fun. Of course he was a bit gutted to be leaving this amazing villa, but was great about it, and genuinely delighted for Alain and I. He agreed to move out at the end of July, after his holiday, so whilst I’d officially moved in it didn’t quite feel like home yet. It was nice having Tolga around though, in typical fashion as soon as I move in, his nibs buggers off on a whistle stop tour of the Middle East, his timing is impeccable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home